Location: Melbourne CBD
Medipass is a Melbourne based startup focused on digital health payment and claim solutions. We connect patients, practitioners and payers in ways that drive system efficiency and better experiences of care. We’re seeking an extraordinary business analyst to help us define a new set of processing capabilities. Whilst the role is on a contract basis, the successful candidate may be offered an on-going employment opportunity.
Working with health practitioners and leading practice management solutions, Medipass puts control and cost transparency into the hands of individuals by assessing private health fund and statutory payer benefits at the point of appointment booking or service quotation. Medipass helps to reduce patient out of pocket expense and hassle by processing benefit claims and gap payments on the spot.
We’re backed by a big 4 bank and powering the next version of HICAPS – Australia’s leading healthcare quoting and claims payment engine.
This role is responsible for identifying, defining, analysing, prioritising and refining business requirements and use cases, and communicating the requirements and detailed use cases to the development team. They are the voice of the customer, stakeholder and end user in product development decisions; aligning feature and product requests with business value while working to maintain technical integrity in the overall solution. They will work directly with our end users, internal stakeholders and developers in order to achieve these outcomes and ensure successful translation of requirements and use cases into high-quality software.
Here’s what you will be doing
- Masterfully liaise with our clients through interviews and workshops to understand and capture requirements
- Succinctly author requirements in formats that can be easily understood and executed by our development team: use cases, user stories, fixes and acceptance criteria
- Expertly analyse and seek out gaps in requirements to ensure these are complete and well defined
- Advise on options, risks and impacts for changes that are not well aligned to our core product
- Actively participate in product planning sessions, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Groom backlog based on user value, time, and dependencies to deliver priorities in the overall product roadmap while maintaining technical integrity within the product
- Proactively communicate with our clients on project progress and issues
- Remain highly accessible to support the team in sprint planning and daily scrum
Here’s what you’ll need
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and vice-versa
- Communicate in well-written and spoken English
- Practical experience with specialised deliverables such as use cases, user stories, process flows and sequence diagrams
- Degree in information systems, informatics or similar
Bonus points for experience with
- Design Sprints and associated deliverables
- Startup and Agile development environments
- Health care and payments domains
- Taking a product from concept to launch
If you’re tenacious, pragmatic and good humoured you’ll succeed in this role.
Medipass is committed to creating a diverse environment. We value and respect employees of all backgrounds, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, and all other characteristics that create a varied and representative team of humans. All applicants will be considered fairly, so if you feel in your bones that you’re right for this role: please apply!
If you think you’re right for this role, connect with us at email@example.com