Medipass is seeking a backend engineer to help us deliver compelling digital health experiences. Backend engineers build the core logic to power our experiences and work with our partners to launch new products and markets.
We are a Melbourne based startup focused on digital health payment and claiming solutions, which connect patients, practitioners and payers in ways that drive system efficiency and better experiences of care. We’re backed by a big 4 bank and, amongst other prominent partners, are powering the next version of HICAPS – Australia’s leading healthcare quoting and claims payment network.
Working with health practitioners and leading practice management solutions, we’re putting control and cost transparency into the hands of individuals by assessing private health fund and statutory payer benefits at the point of appointment booking or service quotation. We help to reduce patient out of pocket expense and hassle by processing benefit claims and gap payments on the spot.
In this role, you will
- Design, build and help maintain core backend services including APIs, partner interfaces, workflows and rules engines
- Ensure testing and quality checks are appropriately applied to our services
- Help debug production issues and prepare methods to avoid future issues
- Improve engineering capabilities, tooling and processes
Our ideal candidate
- Enjoy developing high quality software propositions using restful APIs; microservices experience is a bonus
- A deep understanding of transaction processing controls, including workflows, rules engines and object validation
- Know how to apply leading DevOps practices like continuous integration, continuous deployment and automated test frameworks
- Thrive in a fast paced, yet autonomous environment
- If you’re tenacious, good humoured and pragmatic you’ll succeed in this role.
We want to work in the company of supportive and inclusive people. To that end, we value and respect employees of all backgrounds, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, and all other characteristics that create a varied and representative team of humans. All applicants will be considered fairly, so if you feel in your bones that you’re right for this role, please apply!
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, drop us your resume and GitHub/BitBucket/GitLab, website or other portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org