Software Engineer (Frontend)
Medipass is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer to help us deliver compelling digital health claiming & payment experiences. Our Frontend Engineers work closely with our business, design and customer success teams to ensure we are building accessible, usable, performant and sturdy web products. Our web products range from web applications for our providers, patients, and insurers, to web SDKs for partner software vendors (such as Cliniko).
Hello, we’re Medipass
We're a fast-growing technology company based in Melbourne, Australia. We’re on a mission to improve the Australian healthcare system, by making it easier for healthcare providers to get paid for their services. It’s currently a highly manual process, leaving many providers and patients out of pocket when they don’t have to be. Medipass is changing that.
So far, Medipass has launched HICAPS Go, partnered with Specsavers and HICAPS to allow online claiming for optical items, launched a comprehensive Medicare integration, digitised the invoicing process for Australian Defence Force personnel, won the NSW Government contract to digitise payments for icare and enabled online claiming for Overseas Health Cover.
There’s even more to come over the next few months, including building solutions for the NDIS and Department of Veterans’ Affairs. It’s a huge job, and we need the best people on our team. That’s where you come in!
This is really important: We want to work in the company of supportive and inclusive people. We value and respect employees of all backgrounds, cultures, genders, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, and all other characteristics that create a varied and representative team of humans. All applicants will be considered fairly, so if you feel in your bones that you’re right for this role: please apply!
What you may work on:
- The next generation of the Medipass Connect portal for healthcare providers.
- New experiences for the Medipass Funder & My Medipass web portals
- New features & extended insurer support for our Web SDK for software vendors.
- Our monorepo of UI tooling which powers our web portals and SDK.
- Building out and enhancing components & tooling in Medipass’ design system and Fannypack UI Kit.
- Contributing to and building new Medipass’ open-source tooling such as React Payment Inputs, React Lever, Fannypack, React Pics, React Ugent, and more.
- Closely working with the business & design teams to understand requirements and coordinating with fellow Frontend Engineers to plan out new features and capabilities.
- Building out our foundation for automated end-to-end testing.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience with NPM & it’s CLI.
- Experience working with continuous integration/deployment workflows.
- The ability to develop flawless user experiences with developer experience in mind.
- Empathy for different types of users, some with accessibility needs, who use our web portals, and developing inclusive web interfaces.
- At least a basic knowledge of defensive programming principles and is aware of the top OWASP security vulnerabilities in web applications.
- Thrive in a fast paced, yet autonomous environment.
Manage your own workload
There are some big advantages to working for a small, nimble, innovative technology company. You will work autonomously, and will be trusted to make your own decisions and prioritise effectively. You will report to a manager, and support will always be there if you need it, but we don’t micro-manage.
Freedom and flexibility
We understand that life doesn’t always fit conveniently around business hours. Sometimes you might need to run to an appointment in the morning, or leave a bit early to pick up the kids from school. Sometimes you’re expecting a delivery, and it makes sense to work from home. We trust you to manage your workload and we won’t breathe down your neck when life happens.
This role is full time, but flexible to meet your needs. You’ll be provided with a laptop and all the tools and support you need to succeed. You can read more about our flexible work policy here.
Effect real change in something that matters
Everyone will interact with the healthcare system at some point in their life. Often, these interactions occur at particularly emotional or vulnerable times. Working at Medipass provides you with an opportunity to make life a bit easier when it matters the most. We’re committed to improving the transparency and efficiency of the Australian healthcare system, and your ideas and unique skillset will contribute to that vision.
Work alongside the best in the biz
Honestly, our team is pretty incredible. You’ll be supported while you learn, and welcomed into a group of passionate individuals who aren’t afraid of hard work (in fact, we thrive on it). You can meet the team here.
If solving real world problems and designing world class solutions sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you. You can fill in an application form here.