Location: While timezone is best suited to Western Australia, candidate can be from anywhere in Australia. Work from our Melbourne office or remotely.
Role Type: Full time
Hello, we’re Medipass
We’re on a mission to improve the Australian healthcare system, by making it easier for patients and healthcare providers to claim and pay for services. It’s currently a highly manual process, leaving many patients out of pocket when they don’t have to be. And we aim to change that.
So far, Medipass has launched HICAPS Go, partnered with Specsavers and HICAPS to allow online claiming for optical items, and digitised the invoicing process for Australian Defence Force personnel. 2019 is going to be our biggest year yet. We will be integrating to Medicare, launching a new product and releasing a few more awesome features we can’t really talk about here, but trust us, it’ll be big. It’s a huge job, and we need the best people on our team. That’s where you come in!
Here’s the role
At Medipass we pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer support. Our Customer Support Specialists are warm, friendly, real people – as far away from “your-call-is-important-to-us” automatons as you can possibly get! We’re growing quickly, and are looking for a new team member to support our rapidly growing customer base.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will:
- Communicate with healthcare practitioners and practice support staff by live chat, email and over the phone to ensure they have a delightful experience;
- Assist with testing of new features;
- Triage support queries where necessary and assign them to the relevant team;
- Monitor customer feedback during the release of new features, and report back to the team;
- Onboard new users to Medipass and help to evolve our onboarding processes;
- Work closely with our design and development teams to ensure the features of the Medipass platform are aligned with user expectations and abilities;
- Assist with support documentation, processes and FAQs to make support more intuitive.
While the Medipass office is in Melbourne, our customers are all over Australia, so we need to ensure we are able to cover our customer questions throughout the day, wherever they are based. For this role, we are looking for candidates that are able to support up to 8pm AEST. That means it’s ideal if you’re based in Western Australia, but we are very flexible. As long as you’re based in Australia, don’t let location prevent you from applying.
Because we work with sensitive information, Police Checks form part of our recruitment process.
Time to talk about you
Our Support Specialists have the empathy of teachers and the shrewdness of top-notch detectives. A sense of humour will go a long way in this role, too. Experience with technical support or previous exposure to software development is a bonus, but not necessarily required. The most important thing will be your mastery of written communication. Your way of expressing yourself through the written word will be what makes your application stand out, so show us your literary flair!
Our dream candidate will:
- Empathise with users and quickly grasp issues they’re facing;
- Enjoy writing, and do so quickly and clearly;
- Multi-task and prioritise effectively with a high volume of support queries;
- Feel comfortable working with technical concepts and be able to explain higher order services to a range of audiences;
- Enthusiastically hit prioritised deadlines in a fast paced, yet autonomous environment;
- Take initiative and think creatively to solve problems.
Nice to have (but not dealbreakers):
- Existing healthcare industry experience or exposure;
- Experience with customer support platforms like Intercom or Zendesk;
- Experience with or exposure to agile software development.
At Medipass we are committed to creating a diverse environment. We value and respect employees of all backgrounds, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, and all other characteristics that create a varied and representative team of humans. All applicants will be considered fairly, so if you feel in your bones that you’re right for this role: please apply!
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
Let’s talk perks
Manage your own workload
There are some big advantages to working for a small, nimble, innovative technology company. You will work autonomously, and will be trusted to make your own decisions and prioritise effectively. You will report to a manager, and support will always be there if you need it, but we don’t micro-manage.
Freedom and flexibility
This role is flexible to meet your needs. Our office is in Melbourne, but you don’t have to be. We are happy for you to work in the office, or work remotely. Either way you’ll be provided with a laptop and all the tools and support you need to succeed.
We understand that life doesn’t always fit conveniently around business hours. Sometimes you might need to run to an appointment in the morning, or leave a bit early to pick up the kids from school. We trust you to manage your workload and we won’t breathe down your neck when life happens.
Effect real change in something that matters
Everyone will interact with the healthcare system at some point in their life. Often, these interactions occur at particularly emotional or vulnerable times. Working at Medipass provides you with an opportunity to make life a bit easier when it matters the most. We’re committed to improving the transparency and efficiency of the Australian healthcare system, and your ideas and unique skillset will contribute to that vision.
Work alongside the best in the biz
Honestly, our team is pretty incredible. You’ll be supported while you learn, and welcomed into a group of passionate individuals who aren’t afraid of hard work (in fact, we thrive on it). You can meet the team here.
How to apply
Fill out the form below. Remember, how you express yourself matters just as much as (if not more than) what’s on your CV. We want to hear what makes you tick!