Location: Melbourne CBD
Internship and graduate program
Medipass is seeking aspiring software engineers who are tenacious, pragmatic and good humoured to join our paid part-time internship and full-time graduate placement program. We are targeting students with a strong interest in one of:
- backend/API development
- development operations/site reliability
- user interface/design
Help change the future of healthcare while learning and applying new skills in a fast paced commercial setting.
- See your work being used by millions
- Be part of a high-growth, venture backed, tech startup
- Essentials: new MacBooks, 4K monitors, excellent tooling
- Get exposure to node.js, React, noSQL DB’s, Terraform and Tensorflow Artificial Intelligence
- Flexible hours, CBD location, smart and healthy team culture
- Yes, this is a paid internship!
We’re on a mission to improve the Australian healthcare system, by making it easier for patients and healthcare providers to claim and pay for services. It’s currently a highly manual process, leaving many patients out of pocket when they don’t have to be. And we aim to change that.
So far, Medipass has launched HICAPS Go, partnered with Specsavers and HICAPS to allow online claiming for optical items, and digitised the invoicing process for Australian Defence Force personnel. 2019 is going to be our biggest year yet. We have just integrated Medicare and soon launching a new product and releasing a few more awesome features we can’t really talk about here, but trust us, it’ll be big.
In this role you will:
- Gain commercial knowledge and understanding through engagement at a high growth technology startup
- Obtain an appreciation of the challenges and opportunities unique to an Australian based business with global reach
- Gain an understanding of leading technical product development, including the Lean-Startup product development concepts
- Gain an understanding of collaborative, iterative software development including Agile-SCRUM methodology
- Gain an understanding of customer-led interface design, including use of personas, user stories and wireframes
- Obtain exposure to emerging technology patterns and frameworks, including:
- Model, View, Controller (MVC) architecture
- Cloud service design and infrastructure (Amazon AWS)
- Infrastructure as code DevOps (Docker & Terraform)
- RESTful JSON application interfaces and integration
- Native code smartphone application development: iOS (Objective-C, SWIFT) or Android mobile framework (Java) and React Native
- Continuous integration and automated test frameworks
- NoSQL database models (MongoDB)
- Responsive website development via React
Our dream candidates:
- Pursuing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Strong technical prowess, including understanding of algorithms, systems architecture and end-user experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment and deliver high quality work product
- Ability to work well in a team establishing good working relationships with peers
- Must have right to work in Australia or be eligible for a qualified working/internship visa (subclass 462 or similar)
At Medipass we are committed to creating a diverse environment. We value and respect employees of all backgrounds, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, and all other characteristics that create a varied and representative team of humans. All applicants will be considered fairly, so if you feel in your bones that you’re right for this role, please apply!
How to apply
Fill out the form below. Remember, how you express yourself matters just as much as (if not more than) what’s on your CV. We want to hear what makes you tick! We also love a strong reference portfolio. If you have contributed to open source projects, charitable organisations or progressed personal projects, please include links to your project github page, website or app.